PosAbility is a Cambridgeshire – based charity delivering group exercise sessions to people living with long-term health conditions such as Parkinson’s, MS and stroke survivors. You can find us in Histon, Soham, Littleport and Ely throughout the week. We want to expand our face to face service and develop our online sessions. It’s a great time to join us!
£11.61 per hour
Part time – 16 hours per week initially.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, implementation, and development of face to face and online exercise classes for adults with long-term neurological health conditions.
- Undertake confidential assessment of needs, challenges, health and wellbeing for all clients and devise appropriate programmes of physical activity.
- Encourage active participation, monitor wellbeing and evaluate progression depending on the ability of each individual.
- Maintain and regularly update client information by providing data both electronically and in paper format to contribute to the timely monitoring and evaluation process
- Be positive about the abilities of all clients.
- Motivate, support and reassure clients in relation to physical activity and health, whilst being considerate of the challenges faced by our clients.
- Establish good rapport and relationships with clients to enhance participation and their involvement in the sessions
- Manage client relationships with professionalism whilst being discreet and sensitive to their needs.
Training and Development:
- Update CPD, professional knowledge and skills in line with current developments and guidelines in relation to the delivery of exercise programmes and specialist populations, i.e. older people, mental health etc.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours to meet the needs of the service.
- Collate and submit accurate and timely data as necessary for the purpose of monitoring and evaluation.
- Work within established protocols and service level agreements as directed.
- Maintain accurate records and information systems in line with company policies.
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer in monitoring, evaluating and reporting
- Establish and maintain health and safety standards within all programmes, ensuring that all activities are risk assessed and undertaken with due regard to health and safety regulations.
- Hold the Right to Work in the UK
- The post holder will be required to always wear a branded shirt whilst on duty
- Ability to drive and have access to a car for work purposes.
For full job description and how to apply, please download the complete job description PosAbility – Exercise Instructor Job Description